I am already planning my hunting destinations for this fall. I started my planning at the Bass Pro Shops in Katy, Texas where we had a chance to look at all the new gear and speak to a local expert for some tips and tricks. I always enjoy the store they always have something going on that keeps me coming back. They hooked me up with the information below and I wanted to share it. Have a productive season I hope this helps get you started.
Annual Public Hunting (APH) Permit - $48
- A valid Texas hunting license along with any required stamp endorsements is required in addition to the APH Permit to participate in hunting opportunities offered through the public hunting program. Please visit Licenses for more information.
- Issued to an individual and valid from date of purchase through August 31 of that license year (Sept. 1-Aug. 31).
- Provides access to almost million acres of land for hunting, fishing, camping, and other recreational activities during operating hours. Sites include some State Parks, U.S. Forest Service lands, and Wildlife Management Areas.
- Offers more than 200 different areas, including approximately 140 special dove and small game hunting units.
- Many areas are open year-round to permit holders.
- Hunt a wide variety of species including deer, dove, feral hogs, quail, squirrel, turkey, waterfowl, and other legal game.
- Regular/daily hunting permit fees (see below) are waived for holders of the APH Permit.
- The APH Permit waives any applicable daily hunting permit fees.
- Youth under age 17 may hunt free with a permitted adult.
- Only permit holders receive a Map Booklet for Public Hunting Lands listing available areas, facilities, maps, rules, and schedules.
- APH Permits are available at TPWD law enforcement offices and all license vendors (a place which sells hunting and fishing licenses) or by calling 1-800-TX-LIC-4U (menu choice 1 for license sales and paying by Visa, Discover or MasterCard). You can also purchase permits online. If the permit is purchased at a TPWD office, the Map Booklet will be provided immediately at the time of purchase; otherwise, publications will be mailed to the purchaser within two weeks of purchase.