Now that the fall harvest is here and deer season is just around the corner, it is time to start thinking about preserving all of this bounty!!! Why not consider purchasing a food dehydrator?
Food drying is a way to preserve fruit, vegetables, and meat that has been practiced for thousands of years. Food dehydrators use a source of heat and air flow to reduce the water content of foods. This helps to keep bacteria from growing and spoiling the food, extending the shelf life.
Here at Bass Pro Shops, we have a great selection of food dehydrators to help fill your needs, including several RedHead Dehydrators.
RedHead 6 Tray Dehydrator:
This dehydrator has a rectangular design with no center hub like traditional round dehydrators, allowing you to dry long uniform strips of jerky. It is ideal for drying meats, fruits, herbs, and flowers.
- Removable, stackable trays for dehydrating large or small batches
- Forced air circulation for the most efficient drying
- Vented lid for dehyration control
- Digital time and temperature readout
- 550 Watts
RedHead 10 Tray Dehydrator:
This dehydrator has an advanced dehydration control system that is ideal for drying jerky, meats, snack sticks, fruits, and vegetables.
- High capacity
- Rear mounted fan for forced circulation
- LED digital timer-up to 40 hours
- 10 removable trays
- Digital temperature controller (95-155° F)
- Comes with two bonus mesh sheets
- 1,700 square inches of drying area
- 800 Watts
RedHead Stainless Steel 10 Tray Dehydrator:
Dry large quantities of food quickly and easily with this large capacity stainless steel dehydrator. With 10 trays included, you have 2,300 square inches of drying area.
- Forced air circulation-no tray rotation required
- Digital timer- up to 15 hours
- 95-155° F. temperature control
- 10 removable trays
- Overheat protection
- Comes with bonus 14.25"x16" cut to fit mesh screen
- 1000 Watts
`Come on by your local Bass Pro Shops, or visit www.basspro.com to see our great selection of dehydrators and accessories. We'll see you there!
Until next time, stay safe and GO CAMPING!!