How to Rig your Bass Boat to Spider Rig for Crappie
Last week I just received my new 2013 Boat. Unfortunately, they don’t come loaded to Spider Rig for Crappie. The most frequent question I get asked is what to do and use. Here are a few tips and be sure to check out the photos I have posted with the blog.
1. Purchase and install Titelok rod holders either Black Widow Racks or the new Caps and Coleman individual mounts. Titelok tracks and holders can be purchased through Bass Pro Shops.
2. For Spider Rigging, be sure to mount them to be right in front of your knees in the front of the boat. You will want to have at least 4-8 rod holders to fish it appropriately.
3. Purchase and install Driftmaster rod forks and racks. You can also buy them with a locking system to keep your long 12, 14 and 16 poles secure.
4. Install rubber matting that can be purchased from Lowes. All you will need is the 2inch new Industrial strength 2 inch Velcro to keep it in place. Cut it to your preference. This will keep your carpet fresh and untarnished from smashed minnows, etc.
5. Be sure to mount dual seat up front so you and your partner can fish side-by-side comfortably.
6. Please refer to the photos with this post which shows you how to lay out the front of the boat.
7. Be sure to check out the CrappieNow Online Magazine for this and more tips and videos at www.crappienow.com.
Until next time, keep your lines wet and live wells full!