Summer is beginning to heat up and at Bass Pro Shops we can help you beat the heat. Here are just a few products that will keep you cool in the hot sun as well as some great ideas to keep you cool!
Keeping cool when it is hot and humid is tough. Here are a few tips for staying cool.
1. Drink plenty of water, even if you do not feel thirsty. Never risk dehydration.
2. Placing ice packs on your wrists to stay cool is a great way to feel cooler. No ice packs try a ice cube.
Consider the Misty Mate Artic Tie. Great for camping, hiking, golfing, working outside and sporting events. Soak for a few minutes in hot or cold and it can be used over and over to keep you cold or hot for hours.
3. In your house or apartment, turn off unnecessary lights, TV's or ovens.
4. Shower or bathe frequently if needed in mildly warm or cold water to stay refreshed.
5. Have a fan blowing at you if you do not have air conditioning.
6. Wear a hat when outside.
Bass Pro Shops has a large variety of hats that are great for the hot hot weather.
World Wide Sportsman Lifeguard Rush Straw Big Brim Hat is vented at the crown for air circulation and has a 4" brim. Sizes small to x large you can't go wrong.
Columbia Global Adventure Packable Straw Hat for Ladies has a Omni wick sweatband to pull the sweat from your brow. It is packable for travel while it retains its shape. UPF 50
Glacier Glove Long Bill Sun Hat w/shade has UPF protection, you may wear the shade up or down. It also has a dark under brim that reduces reflected rays. This is perfect for boating, fishing or hiking.
Consider the UV Buff Headwear. Moisture wicking, UV sun protection and it reduces your skin temp. This buff is breathable and lightweight.
7. Eat well balanced light, regular meals and avoid the salt. Grazing is best. Also avoid caffeine or alcohol which promote dehydration.
8. When outside always wear sunscreen. Even if you are in the shade.
9. Walk don't run.
10. Wear loose clothing. Check out a few of the wide variety of shirts and shorts we have to keep you cool.
Under Armour VA Fish Hook Polo for Men - Snag free finish, anti pill, 4 way stretch for easy mobility. UPF 30 sun protection and a UA's moisture transport system that wicks sweat and dries fast.
World Wide Sportsman Therma Cool Stripe Polo for Men - Ultra quick drying 100% polyester with moisture wicking. UPF 50 sun protection and back shoulder vents.
World Wide Sportsman Birds Eye Polo Shirt for Ladies -
Moisture wicking, UPF sun protection and many colors to pick from.
World Wide Sportsman Boca Nylon Shirts for Ladies - UPF 35, front vents, lightweight, 100% quick dry nylon this shirt is great for hot muggy weather.
11. Wear sunglasses that block 100% UVA and UVB rays.
Here are a few great ideas for staying hydrated.
Turn your waterbottle into a cooling mist. You can take a refreshing shower or 25' squirting stream with the BPA Free Lunatec Aquabot. With two modes stealth and pulse this aquabot will fit most 32-48 ounce wide mouth bottles.
Wrap a wet paper towel around a soda or water and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes. The beverage will be ice cold!
Freeze grapes on a skewer. Refreshing and healthy.
Don't forget your pet. I love this idea. Get a bucket or a Tupperware container. Freeze water, chicken broth and add treats, dry dog food and a toy. Watch how much they love this while staying hydrated.
Take a swim, have a water fight, dump water on each other. Have popsicles, ice cream and have fun. All you need is common sense. Take a little extra time to check on neighbors to see if they are good. Remember how long winter was this year? Summer does not last long so get out there and enjoy what Upstate NY has to offer.
Check out www.basspro.com for many other products to help you stay cool.